Pocket Gems is a leading mobile games and interactive entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent. Launched in 2009, Pocket Gems has grown to over 230 employees. We are looking for an Office Manager to manage our headquarters in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will handle multiple ongoing projects and tasks with patience, good humor, and attention to detail, and will stay one step ahead of the needs of our employees and visitors.
- Serve as facility and events manager for our office with 230+ employees (and growing!)
- Own space planning, including frequent seating rearrangements. Lead the next phase of the office buildout, including expansion to additional floors
- Ensure employee happiness with their work environment, especially for meals catering, office maintenance, and social events
- Manage a wide range of outsourced vendors and contractors, from light construction projects to daily food deliveries
- Carefully manage costs for office-related services by streamlining purchasing and optimizing vendor relationships
- Act as primary liaison between the company and office building management (e.g., repairs, building code compliance, etc.)
- Maintain the overall cleanliness and organization of the office. This includes tidying up common areas and rearranging furniture
- Manage the office coordinator to execute office support initiatives
- Partner with other People Operations team members on the following:
- Onboarding of new hires
- Planning and coordinating employee activities and events (e.g., team outings, company parties, in-office events, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of relevant experience
- Extraordinary planning and organizational skills, including budget management
- Effective problem solver and ability to self-manage, devoted to seeing tasks through to completion
- Adaptable startup mindset; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Google programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to handle physical tasks as needed (e.g., assembling and moving furniture)
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pocket Gems develops free-to-play mobile games that are ridiculously fun.
We have two missions:
Build the world’s best mobile engineering team
Mobile is the platform of the next decade and gaming will feature some of the most compute- and memory-intensive applications. We want to be the place to work for engineers who are as excited about pushing the limits of mobile hardware as we are. Think that sounds fun? So do we. Check out our jobs page if you’d like to work with us.