Expected Pay Rate:$32.00 - $35.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:2 year contract
HireArt is helping our client hire an experienced and highly motivated Reliability Technician to support diverse initiatives related to AR/VR Research and Development. As Reliability Technician, you’ll perform a range of stress tests and document processes, analyze data, and present insightful findings to your team.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of AR/VR. The ideal candidate is experienced in performing environmental and reliability testing, has an in-depth knowledge of related tools and technologies, and brings a high level of urgency and accuracy to every project.
As Reliability Technician, you will:
- Characterize usage and stress by utilizing data acquisition equipment including accelerometers, strain gauges, thermocouples, load cells, and high-speed cameras.
- Perform a variety of testing including environmental, mechanical, chemical, and electrical stresses.
- Analyze data from tests performed.
- Schedule and perform routine maintenance of test equipment.
- Write and document detailed test operating procedures.
- Prepare detailed and concise test reports.
- Associate's Degree in electronics or similar field
- 3+ years of experience working in the lab space, including running tests, SOPs, intake procedures, etc.
- Experience performing environmental and reliability tests including (but not limited to) mechanical, electrical, shock, vibration, environmental, and characterization testing
- Strong knowledge of characterization tools including proper procedures to use strain gauges, thermocouples, load cells, and high-speed cameras
- Experience with operating test equipment such as environmental chambers, vibration tables, shock towers, repetitive stress cyclers, and drop towers
- Familiarity with electronic equipment such as power supplies, electronic loads, and multimeters
- Familiarity with soldering
- Timely execution to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with accurate data and high attention to detail
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Experience creating and maintaining an equipment calibration and maintenance plan is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 2-year contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.