Expected Pay Rate:$19.00 per hour
Schedule:30 hours a week. Monday-Friday, 11am-5:30pm EST.
HireArt is helping Optimus Ride find a Service Specialist to represent the company as the primary face of the autonomous vehicle service, and provide excellent customer service to passengers.
This position is critical to achieving Optimus Ride’s mission to provide our customers with a professional autonomous transportation service. This is a customer-facing role where you will be representing Optimus Ride and ensuring all safety precautions are taken while operating the vehicle. You will also be working with engineers, vehicle safety operators, associates, and managers to ensure the successful daily execution of our autonomous vehicle service.
Our team is focused on a rapid path to market, in order to maximize the benefits of self-driving technologies for all. To do this, we need team members to be versatile, have leadership qualities, and be enthusiastic about tackling problems across the full range of our systems. Working at Optimus Ride you will innovate with engineers and designers, and engage with customers who are eager to be the first adopters of cutting-edge technologies and enable self-driving systems to be possible today.
As Service Specialist, you will:
- Represent Optimus Ride as the primary face of our autonomous vehicle service, and provide excellent customer service to our passengers.
- Report to the assigned site during designated shifts to coordinate the successful execution of opening and/or closing procedures.
- Work with site operations manager and/or operations team members to build strong customer relations and communicate any potential improvements.
- Be a voice of Optimus Ride to clients, riders, self-driving enthusiasts, and curious onlookers.
- Ensure the successful execution of autonomous vehicle passenger service including, but not limited to, managing reservations or on-demand requests, ensuring vehicle cleanliness, and operator professionalism.
- Coordinate various requests in the self-driving vehicles in pilot locations with mentorship from the engineering team.
- Safely operate the vehicle, following testing plans provided by technical associates and engineers, and provide detailed feedback to the engineering team.
- Perform various fleet management tasks such as inspecting vehicles and reporting.
- Assist to maintain an efficient, clean, and organized site and fleet.
- Maintain and update operational procedures and processes.
- Act as point of contact in the field for management at site level and act as a dispatcher to the team in the field.
- Support office administration, vehicle maintenance program, and in-fleeting at assigned site.
- Comfortable with computers and running/operating software from a laptop in a moving vehicle for extended hours
- Must be at least 21 years old with an active and valid driver’s license for at least one year; satisfactory driving record required
- Ability to pass safety driver suitability check and assessment
- Excellent communication and decision making skills
- Ability to follow test plans with strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, organize time, and communicate in a team environment
- Excellent team member - punctual, reliable, and honest
- Associates/Bachelors degree in any field, preferably business or operations
- Familiarity with Linux operating system and Unix command-line interface
- Previous professional driving experience (e.g. driving for rental agency, limousines, chauffeur, etc.)
- Previous experience in a customer-facing position
- Strong passion for delivering a professional transportation service
Commitment: This is a part-time (30 hours per week) contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Washington, D.C. The shift will run Monday-Friday, 11am-5:30pm EST and will include a 30-minute break each work day.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp./i>
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.