Location:Los Altos, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$90.00 - $110.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, 9/80 schedule
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a Research Software Engineer who is interested in the overlap between technology and the behavioral sciences to architect test systems to collect human subject's data.
The ideal candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering disciplines and an interest supporting the collection and analysis of human subjects data. You'll also have experience with front/back end web development, mobile app development, and AWS.
As Research Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop systems to support human subjects data collection.
- Work with researchers to determine requirements as well as to architect and test systems with users.
- Iteratively develop gaming-based web apps, web-based survey applications, and
- mobile apps capable of collecting, archiving, and analyzing data from sensors.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience) in Computer Science or related Engineering disciplines, and interest supporting the collection and analysis of human subjects data.
- Experience with front/back end web development (e.g., LAMP/MEAN/MERN platforms, reactive and responsive app design).
- Experience with mobile app development (e.g., iOS Swift/Obj-C, Android Java/Kotlin, cross platform development platforms).
- AWS experience - launching EC2 instances, hosting data in AWS, etc.
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently as well as in groups.
- Enjoy collaborating with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Proactive and seeks out new opportunities for impact, as time permits.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Strong time management and prioritization abilities.
- A prototyping mindset - building solutions that are “good enough” to answer a steady stream of scientific questions.
- Eager to learn new skills.
- Experience with graphic design tools
- Knowledge of basic app user testing methods
- Interest in contributing to scientific publications
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), on-going contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen. Candidates with the flexibility to work in both the Los Altos and San Francisco offices are desired.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.