Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$70,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday to Friday, Eastern timezone business hours
About the role:
We are looking for a finance professional to join our newly developed Operations team as our Finance Operations Coordinator. You'll be the second hire on this team and will have a breadth of responsibility, including processing payroll, invoicing, bookkeeping, reconciliations, and expense tracking.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for finance, wants to grow within a startup, and is excited to help bring us to the next level. Someone who is happy to learn all facets of our business and jump in where needed is the right person for this role. There's tons of room to grow, here at HireArt, so we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, super smart, energetic, and excited to make strides within this role.
- Process weekly payroll alongside Finance Operations Manager
- Research and assist with correcting payroll inquiries
- Book travel and handle travel expenses as needed for our contracted employees
- Direct deposit updates for our employees
- Invoicing and accounts receivable tasks
- Prepaid expense tracking and monthly journal entries
- Daily Bookkeeping Tasks
- Daily reconciliation of bank transactions
- Accounting special projects such as quarterly record reconciliations with external client programs and insurance payroll record audits.
- Reporting and external audit assistance
- Input markups for clients
...and much more!
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in payroll with multi-state administration. Bonus if you have international payroll experience as well as ADP experience.
- Proven experience in a payroll position in a fast-paced environment required
- Strong knowledge of tax and wage laws
- Good understanding of the common fiscal procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills and working cross-functionally across many departments and with various clients
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in business, accounting, or similar preferred
Commitment: This is a full-time, permanent position based in New York, NY. This position is open to candidates local to NYC. Responsibilities will be performed remotely to start, but will require occasional in-office work, once the office reopens.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
HireArt is a software company building the standard for easy contract employment. We offer employers a seamless platform that covers every part of the employment process, from finding talent to screening and interviewing, onboarding, benefits, payroll, HR support, and outplacement. We offer employees a modern, responsive and caring home base where they can enjoy the support of a traditional workplace with the fluidity of contract work.
You can think of HireArt as Zenefits or Gusto for contract staffing. Our strategy is to provide the best contract employment experience for clients and employees in a market that is expensive, manual, local, provides limited services to employers and workers, and sees limited use of software to scale manual processes. The contract staffing industry is a trillion-dollar market worldwide and there are no other modern contract employment platforms.
HireArt blends technology with personalized support to make the contract employment relationship an excellent experience for everyone. We've already helped build teams at hundreds of awesome companies including, Facebook, Google, and Airbnb, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of applicants in their job searches.
For HireArt employees, we offer Salary + Equity + Benefits packages including:
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid by HireArt)
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits