Expected Salary$40 - $43 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Business Analyst to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll develop complex data queries and dashboards, create key metrics, and work to improve internal tools and processes across teams. You’ll foster a culture of data-driven decision making while identifying pain points as well as opportunities to improve business practices.
We’re seeking a Business Analyst experienced in data and business analytics as well as system development and deployment. You're resourceful, solution-oriented, and able to develop creative creative solutions to overcome obstacles and get things done. You’re thorough, rigorous, and comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively with diverse internal and external teams.
- Develop Presto, Oracle, MySQL, and Hive queries to aid in deployment or operation of company infrastructure.
- Build python-driven pipelines to support forecast, deployment and operational dashboards.
- Build and support various dashboards through internal tools or third-party applications such as Tableau.
- Blend data between varying warehouses and tools to provide consolidated locations for relevant data.
- Identify bad data within databases and tools, and assist with developing methods to safely and procedurally clean or backfill data.
- Improve internal tools and their utility by analyzing backend data sources.
- Assist with creation of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and measurable metrics.
- Drive internal process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Review operational issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Use data, research, and collaboration to identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (computer science, systems engineering, electrical engineering, etc.)
- 3+ years experience in Data Science or Analytics
- 2+ years in a Business Analyst role
- A demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space
- Experience in systems development and deployment preferred
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with languages such as Presto, Oracle, and Hive
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt and learn new skill sets
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including relationship building and collaboration within a diverse, cross-functional team
- Strong organizational and coordination skills, along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
Commitment: This is a 12-month contract.