Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 20 hours per week
Assignment Length:7 month contract
HireArt is helping an innovative cloud storage company find a Litigation Paralegal to support its litigation and regularly group, including organizing data and providing litigation support. The ideal candidate will be a curious self-starter with 4+ years’ experience as a paralegal or legal assistant.
As Litigation Paralegal, you will:
- Drive the process for gathering relevant materials and preparing responses to litigation demands, discovery requests, etc.
- Assist with the production of documents and information by analyzing requests, consulting with internal business partners, and obtaining, reviewing, and producing documents.
- Keep team informed of key deadlines by managing case calendars, organizing pleadings, etc.
- Implement and manage all legal holds and related documentation.
- Implement preservation in G-Suite (Vault) and Onna for all legal holds.
- Work with IT to ensure legally compliant offboarding .
- Assist in managing submissions to insurance for covered matters.
- Partner with finance to set and track budgets.
- Drive, manage, and contribute to eDiscovery and data governance projects.
- Associate’s or bachelor's degree or equivalent (including paralegal certificate)
- 4+ years relevant experience in litigation, preferably as a paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Solid knowledge of litigation processes and eDiscovery
- Experience handling large and complex data collection and production efforts
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to adapt to and thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Comfortable working collaboratively and operating under tight deadlines with a broad range of responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivator, with the ability to prioritize a variety of competing matters
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience managing responses to customer complaints and being the first point of contact in legal before further escalation
- Experience with Dropbox, Relativity, Onna, and Brightflag
Commitment: This is a part-time (20 hours per week), 7-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.