Expected Pay Rate:$35.00 - $45.00 per hour
Assignment Length:1 month contract
HireArt is helping TRI hire an exceptional Copy Editor to support diverse initiatives related to topics in technological innovation, from autonomous vehicles to robotics.
This is a fully remote, short-term contract position with potential to extend. As Copy Editor, you’ll work closely with lead Editors on high priority projects that distill and advance TRI’s mission to build a safer world in which “mobility for all” is a reality.
As Copy Editor, you’ll focus on content strategy and development, proofreading, and editing, while managing multiple projects and collaborating with your team to deliver high-quality projects seamlessly and on-time.
The ideal candidate is an outstanding communicator and writer, with professional copy writing/editing experience and a background in covering technical topics for non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor's degree, ideally in a related field
- 2+ years professional experience in copywriting/editing
- Experience in simplifying technical content for non-technical audiences
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Previous experience in writing about automotive, robotics, or AI topics is a plus
Commitment: This is a part-time, fully remote 1-month contract position with potential for extension staffed via HireArt.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/