Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$85,000.00 - $89,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday-Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM, with occasional weekend and holiday hours
HireArt is helping a client, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire a Safety and Training Manager. In this role, you’ll develop and lead Safety and Training programs for our client’s Autonomous Vehicle group. You’ll provide support and guidance to supervisors and teams, and help craft short and long-term strategies for creating a culture of safety.
The Safety and Training Manager will play a critical role in maintaining oversight of regulatory compliance, managing the collision and incident reporting process, conducting safety audits and inspections, monitoring KPI’s and metrics, and providing training to local management, trainers, and autonomous vehicle operators.
As Safety and Training Manager, you will:
- Ensure transportation and workplace safety policies are in compliance with company, state and federal regulations.
- Work with local supervisors to ensure compliance across all DOT-regulated facilities.
- Oversee and coordinate drug/alcohol testing and related records, in compliance with contract and DOT regulations.
- Oversee and implement processes for reporting, investigating, and documenting vehicle collisions/incidents.
- Periodically review and audit file reports for accuracy and completeness as needed.
- Respond quickly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments, and be on call for any major incidents.
- Lead training and safety awareness initiatives focused on collision prevention and best practices.
- Develop materials and conduct ongoing training for vehicle operations related to safety programs and policies.
- Manage a team of instructors, including conducting performance evaluations.
- Works with training program peer managers to align on goals, initiatives, updates, and training targets.
- Collaborate with the adult learning team to assist in the development of e-learning modules as part of ongoing vehicle operator training.
- Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback regarding all aspects of the operation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in transportation and safety management, or similar
- In-depth experience developing and managing training and adult learning programs
- Proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, Sheets and Docs), and Microsoft
- Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred but not required)
- Working knowledge of performance management/monitoring systems used to track fleet and people metrics
- Working knowledge of federal and state safety laws, particularly DOT and OSHA standards
- Ability to analyze and identify risk trends, problems, and solutions
- Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely using appropriate mediums (face-to-face or electronic
- communication), listen effectively, demonstrate understanding, and clarify meaning for others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
Commitment: This is a full-time, permanent position based in San Francisco, CA.