Expected Pay Rate:$75,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
HireArt is helping a leader in global transportation solutions hire a Transportation Safety Manager to review existing training programs and suggest enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of transportation management and/or safety management experience.
As Transportation Safety Manager, you will:
- Ensure that training milestones and goals are met while meeting operational needs.
- Ensure training compliance with state and federal regulations as well as clients' requirements.
- Monitor driver/operator qualification files.
- Ensure all locational TAS employees (including all active operators) are trained on all safety policies and procedures.
- Forecast training needs resulting from fleet changes, mission additions, etc.
- Collaborate with peers to create and update policies related to training and operations.
- Understand and apply meaningful operations and safety performance metrics.
- Produce reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Improve engagement, learning, and retention by developing new training programs and curriculum and suggest enhancements and modifications to existing ones.
- Identify occurrences that could benefit from training, such as operational changes or industry developments, that could benefit from training.
- Perform accident investigation and remediation training, enhancing/updating training as needed.
- Provide concise, clear, and accurate verbal and written feedback regarding the vehicle’s operations.
- Communicate and collaborate with clients on training implementation.
- Collaborate with and help select vendors and third-party training providers to arrange training, as appropriate.
- Efficiently manage the training schedule, ensuring optimal use of trainer availability.
- Manage the training team, including hiring, performance evaluations, creating performance improvement plans, and implementing disciplinary action.
- Manage the training pipeline, including up-skill training of existing staff
- Report on training team performance and accomplishments.
- Plan and execute events, safety meetings, accident review meetings, and safety celebrations.
- Develop and communicate informative presentations and strategies to facilitate understanding and gain consensus.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Bachelors degree (preferred) in logistics, transportation, or related field
- 5+ years of transportation management and/or training management experience, additional experience preferred
- Proven professional experience leading and influencing a group
- High proficiency with a laptop computer and GSuite apps (i.e. Gmail, Hangouts, and Driver, including Sheets and Docs)
- Proficiency with using a touchscreen smartphone (Android preferred but not required)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of performance management/monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of federal and state safety laws, particularly DOT, OSHA and FMCSA standards preferred
- Strong ability to analyze and identify risk trends, problems and solutions
- Ability to develop, coach, and mentor others including the ability to provide development experiences, advise, and teach to prepare others for effective job performance
- Capable of responding quickly and calmly to changing and potentially high-pressure environments
- Ability to deliver results with self-initiative in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to listen effectively, demonstrate understanding, and clarify meaning for others
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position, based on-site in Phoenix, AZ and is open to candidates local to the Phoenix area. This role may require domestic travel up to 20% of the time based on business need. Candidates must be available and willing to work weekends and holidays to support business needs.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.