Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$42.00 - $50.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Community Operations Specialist to develop and expand its union relationships across the country. In this role, you'll work to expand union engagement around the company's US office development, data centers construction and expansion, and connectivity.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of labor, campaign, or union experience, be comfortable and experienced in doing cold outreach, and passionate about unions and advocacy.
As Community Operations Specialist, Union Relations you will:
- Drive labor relations at data center sites to advance policy goals
- Assist in the development of union affiliates relationships
- Foster a direct direct working relationship local unions around the country
- Work to have local unions take better advantage of Facebook's suite of tools
- Assist with internal coordinating of Facebook’s union relationships.
- 5+ years of experience working in labor relations, unions, political campaigns, progressive organizations, or advocacy groups
- Experience cold calling and engage with limited direction
- Must be a pro-active self-starter
- Experience with excel and the ability to use it for basic data processing and tracking
- Excellent people skills and experience communicating to audiences
- Understanding of and history of working with organized labor
- Understanding of labor structures and their key personnel
- Experience in digital campaigns
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Strong attention to details
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- Experience working with the tech industry
Commitment: This is a fully remote, full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt. Candidates must be local to or willing to relocate to one of the following areas: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Austin, TX; the Bay Area, CA; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Washington, DC
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or accommodate corp-to-corp arrangements.