Location:Las Vegas, NV
Expected Pay Rate:$25.00 per hour
Schedule:Multiple schedules, including swing shifts and weekends
HireArt is helping Zoox find a Vehicle Operator (VO) to be at the forefront of turning the company's vision into reality.
In this role, you'll always ensure safety, maintain vehicle readiness, complete software and hardware tests, and represent our client's brand as an ambassador to the public. You'll also assist and interact with multiple teams across the company, from computer vision, infrastructure, and sound design to strategy, vehicle engineering, and ride operations.
We're looking for operators who are disciplined, team players, and believe in doing whatever it takes to accomplish the mission. Working as a VO will give you the opportunity to learn vehicle and personnel operations. You'll have a front-row seat to the operational complexities of realizing autonomous mobility and the chance to contribute to the future.
We are currently hiring for multiple schedules, with bonus pay for weekend and night shifts (i.e. the weekend day shift offers an added 5% per hour and weekend night shift offers an added 10% per hour).
- Support vehicle operations.
- Drive 4-8 hours a day with a priority on safety.
- Conduct basic software operation tasks.
- Support missions through a wide variety of roles in and out of vehicles.
- Assist with documentation and metrics.
- Provide accurate written and oral feedback to engineering teams.
- Support vehicle maintenance and logistics.
- Conduct daily basic vehicle preventative maintenance checks, services, and repairs.
- Provide logistical support for the movement and storage of vehicles and equipment.
- Ensure the readiness and cleanliness of vehicles, equipment, and the workplace.
- Assist with paperwork and documentation related to vehicle readiness.
- Basic vehicle knowledge to perform vehicle checks, ability to drive for long duration (6 hours in the car per day)
- Basic technology ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent driving history and no criminal history
- Proactive mindset and resourcefulness
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical experience is a plus
- Military experience is a plus
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt. It will be open to candidates local to the San Francisco Bay Area and Las Vegas, NV.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
Zoox was founded to make personal transportation safer, cleaner, and
more enjoyable—for everyone. To achieve that goal, the team created a
whole new form of transportation.
Zoox will provide mobility-as-a-service in dense urban environments. We will handle the driving, charging, maintenance, and upgrades for our fleet of vehicles. The rider will simply pay for the service.
In 2020, Zoox joined forces with Amazon. And in the process, solidified our future in the autonomous vehicle industry.
We are focused on testing on private and public roads as we move towards launching the first Zoox ride-hailing service.