Expected Salary$21 - $24 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Map Editor to work on-site at our client's Fremont campus on a contract basis. In this role, you'll support the Maps team and work to improve global OpenStreetMap (OSM) content through data editing and validation. You'll also conduct analysis of the team's overall work and processes and provide training in real-time to new team members.
We're seeking a Map Editor who is motivated, meticulous, analytical, and able to work quickly and efficiently as part of a collaborative team. You are an exceptional communicator and are comfortable taking on leadership and training responsibilities.
You'll be working on high-priority projects - this is a role for someone who can learn quickly and hit the ground running. You bring an educational and professional background in Geography and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), as well as familiarity and experience working with Open Street Map (OSM) data. Ideally, you're fluent in one or more languages in addition to English relevant to high-focus areas (Arabic, Russian, French, and Spanish).
- Learn internal tools for map editing.
- Edit and validate OSM data while adhering to team policies and guidelines.
- Conduct quality analysis on the Maps team's work.
- Provide feedback to engineers to help improve data quality and tooling.
- Train new team members on map validation and data generation.
- Provide real-time mentoring and support to new map editors.
- Conduct analysis of machine learning results to improve training.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or related field
- 2+ years relevant experience in GIS-related roles (e.g. QA, data validation, etc.)
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to focus and perform with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner and self-starter
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Strong background working with OpenStreetMap (OSM) data and editing tools is a plus
- Fluency in languages in addition to English (Arabic, Russian, French, Spanish) is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time, 12-month contract position. Occasional overtime may be required.