Expected Salary$21 - $24 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Map Editor to work on-site at Facebook’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you'll support the Maps team and work to improve OpenStreetMap (OSM) data. An ideal candidate is meticulous, analytical, and able to work quickly and efficiently as part of a collaborative team.
- Learn internal tools for map editing.
- Edit and validate OSM data while adhering to team policies and guidelines.
- Conduct quality analysis on the Maps team's work.
- Provide feedback to engineers to help improve data quality and tooling.
- Train new team members on map validation and data generation.
- Provide real-time mentoring and support to new map editors.
- Conduct analysis of machine learning results to improve training.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Geography, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or related field
- 2+ years relevant experience
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to focus and perform with a high degree of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Fast learner and self-starter
- Able to work independently and as part of a collaborative team
- Experience with OSM editing tools such as iD, JOSM, and Tasking Manager preferred
Commitment: This is a 6 mo. contract.