Expected Salary$30 - $33 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to work on-site at our client’s New York City offices on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll own planning, logistics, and execution of company and office social events. You’ll partner with varied teams including Office, Events, Facilities, and Finance to manage events successfully and seamlessly. Strong time management, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task across concurrent priority projects is essential for this role.
- Organize calendar of events in collaboration with Office Lead.
- Work with Office Lead and Events team to manage event production vendors as needed using budget for individual events.
- Host event debriefs, collect feedback from attendees, and compile data on events to inform future planning efforts.
- Partner with Office Lead and Facilities Team to influence and inform office environment and amenities, as well as event space needs as office grows.
- Lead Social Committee, leveraging other FTE who wish to participate in planning efforts by assigning tasks and ensuring completion.
- Maintain events wikis (restaurants, venues, offsite activities) and research new additions to these categories.
- Enter and manage purchase orders, vendor on-boarding, and Statement of Work (SOW) creation in partnership with Finance.
- Manage New York-branded swag ordering, stocking, and distribution using budget defined by Office Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience in event planning for small and large organizations
- Experience managing budgets and purchase orders
- Proven negotiation and communication skills, including in person, over the phone, and via email
- Knowledgeable about regional venues, activities, and events resources
- Experience working and collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams
- Analytical and data-driven approach to solving problems
- Ability to take direction and input to develop effective event strategies that are engaging, innovative, and achieve office goals
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to multi-task and change direction quickly
- Proficient in MS Office and Outlook, Keynote, and event and registration tools
Commitment: This is a 12 month contract.