Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week. 8:30 AM - 5 PM with a 30-minute lunch break
HireArt is helping Optimus Ride find a Vehicle Operations Specialist to be the first-point-of-contact for any hardware or software-related issues while conducting testing of the autonomous vehicle system. The ideal candidate has a valid driver's license, at least 5 years of driving experience, and has an aptitude for vehicle mechanics and/or technical knowledge such as IT, networking, or information systems.
As Vehicle Operations Specialist, you will:
- Work with software, hardware, and other tools to develop appropriate means to perform testing, including specific test software, hardware, interfaces, and instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot, communicate, and document problems with software and hardware with engineers developing the system.
- Collect, analyze, and report test outcomes.
- Perform basic repairs on vehicles under the guidance of engineers and OEM instructions.
- Basic debugging of any vehicle or software issues.
- Set up vehicles and or props for scenario testing (such as putting up signage).
- Bachelors degree in industrial/applied sciences, or vocational degree with industry experience
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Active valid driver’s license and at least 5 years of driving experience
- Comfortable with computers and running/operating software from a laptop in a moving vehicle
- Tech savvy, ideally with practical or academic technical experience
- Mechanical aptitude, ideally with hands on car repair/maintenance experience
- Must possess good critical thinking and communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and on a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Linux
- Excellent team member - punctual, reliable, and honest
- Job offer is contingent on passing a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and training
- Experience with bug tracking system (Jira or equivalent)
- Degree within a technical field
- Previous experience in the autonomous industry
- A flexible schedule that allows for varying hours
- Experience debugging custom computers and sensor networks
- Previous experience maintaining automotive vehicles (professionally or personally)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), ongoing contract position through HireArt and based in Weymouth, MA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Optimus Ride is a self-driving vehicle startup working to enable safe, sustainable, and equitable mobility solutions. Our mission is to transform cities and pave the way for a more sustainable future through the introduction of self-driving technologies.
Optimus Ride headquarters are located in the Boston Seaport District. Our team hails from a diverse set of backgrounds, and cumulatively has decades of experience building self-driving vehicles, electric vehicles, manufacturing robots, surgical robots, autonomous drones, underwater robots, and more. We aim for a highly collaborative, hands-on, and open environment where peers learn from each other while building technologies for real-world environments.
Transportation is for everyone, and we create a better product when our team reflects our users. We constantly strive for a culture where under-indexed groups are welcome and can flourish.