Expected Salary$30.00 - $36.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Map Annotator to work on-site at Toyota Research Institute’s (TRI) Los Altos location on a contract basis. In this role, you'll work with Autonomous Driving Localization and Mapping teams to develop accurate, scalable, and semantic maps of the world.
We are looking for motivated individuals with a passion for autonomous vehicle technology to join the Mapping Annotation Operations Team. As Map Annotator, you'll be responsible for creating and maintaining a high definition map for autonomous vehicles. You'll also work collaboratively with teams to improve internal tools and processes.
- Use in-house tools for annotating and labeling maps, images, and other assets.
- Use internal tools for managing the progress of labeling for various assets.
- Report and document issues with tools and labeled assets to the mapping team lead.
- Provide feedback for improvements to existing tooling that can increase annotation throughput and quality.
- Build high definition maps with proprietary software.
- Develop and improve operational pipeline.
- Collaborate with different teams and develop and train operators on new tools and workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated communication, analytic, mathematical, and reasoning skills
- Ability to learn quickly and implement new concepts
- Proficient computer skills, including basic troubleshooting with the ability to utilize proprietary tools
- The ability to travel occasionally as needed
- Previous autonomous testing experience is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position through HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. Domestic and international travel may be required.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/