HireArt is looking to hire an organized, diligent, responsible controller to work on-site at Eight's New York City office on a contract basis. In this role, you'll lead financial and inventory management.
This is an opportunity to join a growing company working to prove that technology can measure, understand, and optimize the way you sleep for the ultimate goal of a healthy and happier life. They're well on their way with 10,000,000+ hours of sleep tracked for customers.
Initially, your objective will be to maintain adequate levels of stock to meet daily distribution demands while minimizing excess supply.
This will involve:
- Overseeing inventory and supply chain management and establishing scalable company guidelines.
- Performing critical inventory tasks to ensure the correct amount of items are in stock.
- Maintaining updated and accurate records of inventory, including transfers and counts.
- Developing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operations costs.
- Preparing inventory reports and reviewing reports with management.
You'll also be responsible for financial and accounting procedures.
- Preparation of income statements and balance sheets, and monitoring all financial transactions.
- Assist senior management in the preparation of Eight’s budget and audit.
- Maintain and oversee all records of all financial transactions supported by appropriate systems and management oversight of the accounting system, including maintaining cash controls and reconciliation of ledgers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business ops, accounting, logistics, or mathematics
- 1+ year of related experience in retail, wholesale, warehousing, or logistics
- Proficient with accounting, ERP, payroll, and financial reporting technology
- Superior organizational, communication, and management skills
Commitment: This is an ongoing full-time contract position with opportunity for growth.