Expected Pay Rate:$90,000.00 - $130,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping our client find a LIDAR Perception Engineer to design and develop software that will perceive the surrounding scene with LiDAR sensors. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years of similar working experience.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract-to-hire position that will be performed on-site in Cincinnati, OH.
As LIDAR Perception Engineer, you will:
- Design and develop software that will perceive the surrounding scene with LiDAR sensors.
- Your work will be the core part of the company’s autonomous driving technology and you will be expected to meet the professional expectations.
- Ph.D. or Masters degree in computer science, robotics, or related field, or with equivalent industrial experience
- 2+ years of similar academic and/or professional working experience
- Solid programming skills (e.g. c++, python)
- Demonstrated ability to build real-time algorithms
Must-have knowledge and experiences:
- Theoretical understanding of object detection, segmentation, graphical methods, probabilistic algorithms, optimization, or deep learning
- 3D point cloud-based algorithms (e.g. segmentation, filtering, surface estimation/fitting, interpolation/extrapolation)
- Large scale public datasets (e.g. KITTI, Caltech, Berkeley Deep Drive benchmark)
- PCL library
- Deep learning techniques (e.g. TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch)
- Hands-on experiences on autonomous vehicles or ground wheel robots
- Outdoor applications
- Publication from conferences (e.g. RSS, ICRA, IROS, CVPR and ICML)
- Different types of sensors (e.g. camera, radar, IMU)
- Embedded systems
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt and will be performed on-site in Cincinnati, OH.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.