Expected Salary$68 - $72 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Budget and Purchase Order Manager to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Global Business Marketing department and provide direct support to internal marketing agency teams. You’ll account for a large budget, run quarterly accruals and forecasts, create requisitions and purchase orders, and assist internal teams with contract management.
We’re seeking an experienced Budget and Purchase Order Manager who understands budget management fundamentals, can quickly learn internal tools and systems, and has a desire to collaborate with teams on processes and solutions to budget issues. A successful candidate is a highly motivated team player that can work well under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Account for a (USD) 20 million+ budget using internal systems.
- Partner with team leads and Finance on quarterization of budget, and quarterly accruals and forecasts.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on quarterly and monthly budget transfers and the chargeback of costs incurred on behalf of other teams.
- Create purchase requisitions/POs and issue change orders in Oracle.
- Support internal teams in procuring, drafting, and managing contractor contracts.
- Tracking and understanding budget burn rate on retainer-based vendor contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a Business-related field (Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, etc.)
- 5+ years budgeting, purchasing and/or database management experience.
- 5+ years experience with Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Understanding of budget fundamentals such as quarterization and accruals
- Ability to work and communicate with cross-functional partners internally and externally at all levels
- Use of Oracle, Anaplan or similar applications is preferred
The ideal candidate is:
- Highly productive and focused on execution.
- Excited about change. Your to-do list will never look the same from day-to-day.
- Accountable. Takes pride and ownership of their work and makes good on commitments.
- Detail-oriented and loves analyzing data. Not afraid to into the weeds to identify trends and deeply understand problems in order to help leaders solve them.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to connect with and influence people of all different levels and backgrounds.
- Positive attitude and always willing to help out a teammate!
Commitment: This is a full-time, 6-month contract position based in Menlo Park, CA.