Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$65.00 - $75.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Technical Artist to partner closely with and lead the engineering and design teams in definining and developing content. In this role, you will be responsible for the technical aspects of art asset development. This entails working closely with the art and engineering teams to develop and support the asset pipeline, animation and rigging tools, animation rigs, and real-time effects.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position based in Menlo Park, CA. This position will be performed fully remotely until offices reopen.
As Technical Artist, you will:
- Partner closely with and lead the engineering and design teams in defining and developing content.
- Design, manage, and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment.
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling, and texturing best practices.
- Manage the technical animation pipeline including developing Maya tools and plug-ins for rigging and animation, and hooking up animations.
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
- Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads.
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience required
- Experience in working with Maya Python/PyMEL, PySide/PyQt
- Expert ability to work on game development
- Strong creativity, verbal, and written communication skills
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Expert ability in creating tools and automation for one or more packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc
- Experience with game profiling and optimization techniques
- Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games
- Expert leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA. This position will be performed fully remotely until offices reopen.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.