Expected Pay Rate:$55.00 - $65.00 per hour
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday (business hours Pacific Time)
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping our client hire an Augmented Reality Prototyper to work on the cutting edge of AR experiences. In this role, you’ll explore, prototype, and build experiences that define the future of how people interact with AR. You'll work remotely with Seattle-based teams, and must be available to work Pacific time zone business hours.
As Augmented Reality Prototyper, you’ll work with a world-class team experimenting with bold ideas in areas including optics, haptics, tracking, displays, computer vision, user experience, audio, and perceptual psychology.
This role specifically will focus on building effective prototypes to be used in User Research sessions to evaluate and improve the user experience.
You’ll work alongside expert Scientists, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers and Software Engineers to create the technology that makes AR pervasive and universal.
As Augmented Reality Prototyper, you will:
- Define and synthesize user requirements.
- Design and create user experience prototypes and individually contribute to the feature set.
- Help establish design processes to align cross-functional teams.
- Record user behavior data via device telemetry (e.g., through sensors like IMU, eye-tracking systems, etc.) to support UX experiments.
- Work with user research to test and iterate on the prototypes.
- Give and solicit feedback to raise the quality and craftsmanship of the product.
- Partner with project managers, engineers, researchers and content designers, overseeing the implementation of the user experience.
- Quickly solve issues with your cross-functional leads.
- Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders.
- Help build product strategy and advocate for product design across the organization.
- Strong design skills and the proven ability to lead in cross-functional environments
- 4+ years of experience in shipping software products in Unity
- Portfolio featuring examples of interaction and visual work
- Previous experience in computer vision and eye-tracking systems
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- Creative problem-solver with high attention to detail
- Comfort working with new technology
- Ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments
- AR/VR experience
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative methods for user research
- Relevant college coursework/degree
Commitment: This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Seattle, WA. This position will be performed remotely and highly qualified candidates outside the Seattle area are welcome to apply. Candidates must be available to work Pacific time business hours. HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.