HireArt is looking to hire a Social Media Community Manager to work on-site at our client’s Portland office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll focus on community management across social media platforms with the overall goal of driving community loyalty and growth.
The ideal candidate is tech-savvy, lives and breathes social media, and is passionate about building community vibes through driving positive sentiment. Excellent interpersonal and online communication skills are essential.
This is a 12-month contract position based on-site in Portland, OR. Candidates must be available to spend the initial month in San Francisco, CA for training.
- Holistically manage the health of brand pages and posts to make them a 'community first' space by positively interacting with the community.
- Partner with Social Marketing to unearth top-quality user-generated content to share on brand channels, building trust with the community through real-life experiences.
- Strategically partner with internal stakeholders to achieve business objectives.
- Listening far and wide to make the most of positive opportunities and support brand protection, driving positive sentiment through proactive activity.
- Actively contribute to revenue generation by supporting specific business areas and supporting users through to conversion.
- Proactively surprising and delighting the community through corporate gifting programs.
- Highlight opportunities or roadblocks, and be able to recommend improvements to workflows, product, tools to drive success.
- Be an integral part of feedback loops to the business on key activities such as campaign impact, sentiment, and community commentary.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced community focused role, ideally in social media or similar
- Experience handling 1-1 public facing conversations on behalf of a brand
- Passion for social media including knowledge of social media platforms, best practices, and tools of the trade
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills honed for social media interaction
- Proactive and self-motivated - you understand the importance of working hard, and you're willing to invest your energy into new challenges
- Significant problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently with minimal guidance
- Open, candid, and able to cultivate relationships internally and across the community to get things done
- Experience managing channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter (YouTube a plus)
- A portfolio or method to display campaigns you’ve worked on a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position based in Portland, OR. Typical work hours will be Monday-Friday from 9am-6pm. Candidates must be available to spend the initial month in San Francisco, CA for training.