Expected Pay Rate:$67.00 - $76.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire a DevOps Engineer to build functional systems that improve software experience.
In this role, you’ll deploy product updates, identify/troubleshoot production issues, and implement integrations.As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allowing it to adapt to new hardware or improving its performance.
- Implement integrations as requested by internal/external customers.
- Analyze user needs and software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Coordinate software system installation and monitor equipment functioning to ensure specifications are met.
- Design, develop, and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome of design consequences.
- Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan computer specifications and layouts as well as peripheral equipment modifications.
- Obtain and evaluate information on factors such as required reporting formats, costs, and security needs to determine hardware configuration.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent training
- 3+ years experience with languages/frameworks such as PHP, Python, JS\React, HTML, SQL
- Strong knowledge of DevOps practices
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Puppet, Kubernetes, Jenkins or others
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Understanding of how various IT systems work
- Knowledge of design techniques and principles involved in production of drawings and models
- Verbal/written communication, problem solving, customer service, and interpersonal skills Ability to work independently and as part of a dev ops team
- Detail oriented and have excellent problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to work independently and manage your time
- Video conferencing experience is a plus
- Knowledge of routing and protocols with regard to media is a plus
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position (with the possibility for extension) staffed via HireArt and based in Seattle, WA or Fremont, CA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Seattle or San Francisco Bay areas.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.