Expected Salary$72 - $76 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Marketing Manager for developer relations to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park offices on a contract basis. In this role, you'll support global developer marketing efforts, with a focus on how the company's current developer community and the company's range of innovative products can provide meaningful value to developers all around the world.
We’re seeking a Marketing Manager for developer relations who is a motivated self-starter and passionate advocate for the developer community. The ideal candidate will have experience in developer marketing at a fast-paced company and will be able to manage programs, develop marketing growth strategies, understand how to successfully grow and maintain new programs and communities.
- Build awareness and drive positive user sentiment for developer programs and products.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader company ecosystem – from tools and products to the competitive landscape, developer needs, and more.
- Understand developer relations and what's required to form a strong, engaged developer ecosystem.
- Build studies to gain insights into the developer ecosystem.
- Manage and work with cross-functional teams to deliver world-class market research communications.
- Represent the voice of developers within the organization, while planning and leading successful program initiatives to drive participation.
- Author and produce developer-facing communications and creative content – from blog posts to social updates, website copy, email, and more.
- Develop program initiatives that support and improve the overall developer brand and experience.
- Focus on outbound marketing efforts to drive program awareness – craft presentations, run campaigns, solicit feedback, and more.
- Create a long-term vision for the program and ensure it's a lively, collaborative program that is dedicated to forming and maintaining a thriving community.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years professional experience in Marketing or programs planning
- Strong understanding of web and mobile apps, emerging technologies, open source, and the developer and industry landscapes
- Experience partnering with XFN teams, vendors, and developers
- Background in conducting research studies, surveys and/or feedback groups
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs and drive ongoing engagement
- Demonstrated capacity to communicate complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply
- Excellent analytical ability and strong time management skills
- Strong ability to think creatively and strategically while effectively prioritizing
- initiatives and collaborating with key stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to build and foster relationships
- Comfort with a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment
- Management Consulting and or/technical background is a plus
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree strongly preferred
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 7-month contract position based in Menlo Park, CA.