HireArt is looking to hire a skilled Front-End Developer to work on-site at Toyota Research Institute’s (TRI) Los Altos location on a contract basis. At TRI, you’ll work with teams who are passionate about artificial intelligence and its significant potential to improve the quality of life for all people, bringing ease, comfort, and safety to all aspects of life.
As Front-End Developer, you’ll be part of the Cloud-Data team that is responsible for web applications and services that are used by research and operations teams. You will work along with designers, product managers and developers to work collaboratively to develop front end tools.
The ideal candidate is an excellent problem-solver and collaborator who brings ingrained software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review.
- Actively collaborate with other software engineers and research scientists to develop UI frameworks and tools for deploying and managing services and data pipelines.
- Scope and design new features to meet the needs of clients inside and outside of TRI.
- Design, implement and release front-ends for dashboard web applications for visualizing rich data to the AWS cloud.
- Develop and integrate front-ends for web applications that are used across TRI for driving data visualization.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years of hands-on, professional experience with React
- Strong listening, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding teammate
- Ability to manage ambiguous tasks
- Proven tool usability design skills and the ability to write good unit-testable code
- Strong library and API design skills
- Experience working with D3.js
- Experience writing Dashboard UIs for visualizing rich data, time series and/or mapping overlays
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with related tools and processes such as Git, Continuous Integration, and Code Reviews
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 10-month contract position through HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
TRI strives to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/