Expected Salary$54,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
HireArt is an online-only staffing agency and we're looking for an Office Operations and Payroll Administrator to join our team. This is a full-time, on-site position at our New York City office.
We are tasked with finding the best contract workers to fill an ever-growing number of open positions for our clients who include some of the world's most exciting tech companies.
We want someone who is sharp and conscientious to lead our payroll function and be an integral part of our operations team, helping to provide our employees and clients with an excellent hiring experience.
As we’re a growing team, we wear multiple hats, and we’re looking for some who’s methodical, analytical, and knowledgeable in payroll administration and regulations.
Payroll and employee engagement:
- Process weekly and “off-cycle” multi-state payroll for salary and hourly, full-time, part-time, and contract employees using the HireArt platform and ADP Workforce Now.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all payroll issues and questions.
- Manage garnishments, support payments, and other withholdings.
- Process Federal, State, and Local tax information and work with ADP to ensure accurate and timely tax filings.
- Manage paid time off (PTO) policies within the payroll system.
- Work with clients, account managers, and employees on employee onboarding, off-boarding, and benefit deductions.
- Manage and process all benefits, including 401k.
- Provide audit reports for payroll and UI, WC, and health insurance.
- Coordinate with new employees to schedule I9 verification meetings, training times, and employment offers.
- Manage working capital in concert with the CFO.
- Oversee accounts receivable collections and accounts payable disbursements.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of the HireArt New York City office, working closely with the operations team.
- 2+ years’ experience with multi-state payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll and accounting principles and Federal, State, and local regulations
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- A problem-solver and critical thinker with the ability to multitask
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
HireArt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.