Location:Menlo Park, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$70.00 - $78.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is looking to hire a Camera Optics Design Engineer to work onsite at their client’s Menlo Park office on a contract basis. In this role you will be part of an innovative AR/VR team, helping to define requirements and analyze performance of camera optics.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of optical engineering experience, including system design. You will also be skilled at working with other teams and building strong professional relationships.
- Define camera optics requirements.
- Execute design and implementation into production.
- Build up analysis of camera optics performance at various angles.
- Build relationships with industry partners to achieve state-of-the-art camera optics.
- Work cross-functionally with diverse teams like camera modules and technical operations.
- Bachelor's degree in optical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or a related technical disciple with 5+ years experience OR advanced degree in optical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, or a related technical discipline with 3+ years experience
- Experience with complex optical system design, optical tolerance budget against conventional Monte Carlo Simulation, optically graded plastic and glass materials, optical metrology, and stray light and analysis
- Experience with optical software packages (e. g. Zemax, Code V, LighTools, FRED, ASAP, Eikonal, Trace Pro, OSLO)
- Experience with both sequential and non-sequential optical design software
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.