HireArt is looking to hire a Data Engineer to work on-site at our client's Austin office on a contract basis. In this role, you'll centralize data and support the customer analytics team in delivering world-class insights. You'll own data quality throughout life cycles, develop and manage data pipelines, and populate data into a warehouse table structure.
We're seeking a Data Engineer with an in-depth understanding of data warehousing principles and experience with data manipulation tools. In your work, you also exhibit excellent trouble-shooting skills and strive continuously to integrate best data practices.
- Build data expertise and own data quality for various data flows.
- Develop and manage data pipelines at enterprise scale.
- Perform all necessary data transformations to populate data into a warehouse table structure that is optimized for BI reporting.
- Own data quality throughout all data life cycles, including acquisition, cleaning, processing, and validation.
- Designing, integrating and documenting technical components for seamless data extraction and analysis on big data platform.
- Interface with internal data consumers to understand data needs.
- Collaborate with multiple teams and own the solution end-to-end.
- Bachelor's degree in a highly quantitative field, such as data science, computer science, math, engineering, statistics, economics, and hard sciences
- 5+ years experience with SQL and relational databases (Oracle, AWS Redshift, Hive, etc)
- 5+ years experience in custom or structured ETL design, implementation and maintenance (Airflow, Informatica, Talend, Pentaho, etc.)
- Great knowledge of data warehousing principles, schema design, data governance, and data pipeline automation
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strives for continuous integration of best practices
- Experience with visualization software such as Looker, Tableau or ClaraBridge is a plus
- Fluency in Python or other scripting languages is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position based in Austin, TX.