Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$24.00 - $27.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
HireArt is helping our client find a Hardware Product Tech to troubleshoot device installations remotely over video chat to determine the best follow-up actions. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with following procedures for the disassembly of electronic products.
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract position based in-person in New York, NY.
As Hardware Product Tech, you will:
- Work with the customer experience team and customers to troubleshoot device installations remotely over video chat to determine the best follow-up actions.
- Organize and test customer-returned hardware, using custom SW tools to determine product health and failure analysis.
- Record test results, document, and communicate findings to stakeholders.
- Route failed samples to the manufacturing team for root cause with suppliers.
- Assist other team members with debugging and testing of devices.
- Maintain the lab space and keep equipment operational and orderly.
- Prior experience with following procedures for disassembly of electronic products with hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters) and use of measurement and inspection equipment is preferred
- Able to learn how to use custom software diagnosis tools, generate reports on failure types, and coordinate shipping and receiving of samples is required
- Able to read and understand procedures and product documentation
- Able to use a variety of testing and measuring and optical instruments that you will be trained on (thermocouples, microscope, digital camera, air leakage test, system test)
- Demonstrate detail-oriented documentation skills (writing procedures/ documenting test results with photos)
- Familiar with Google suite tools (sheets, docs)
- Able to lift up to 50lbs, this is required for receiving and sending customer returns
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), contract position staffed via HireArt and based in-person in New York, NY.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.