HireArt is looking to hire a Knowledge Engineer to work onsite at Airbnb’s San Francisco office on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll develop knowledge-based systems, databases, and algorithms that interact within the organization and with tools incorporated into end-user applications.
- Systematically collect information from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop sector-specific keyword lists and databases that assist with understanding company technology, taxonomies, and methodologies.
- Write software or scripts to extract data from archives and live systems.
- Test and maintain expert systems for rule validity and usability.
- Develop or use measurement tools that monitor database usage, and compile, evaluate, and report results to management.
- Design procedures and processes where internal and external customers may notify knowledge engineer of product issues, so solutions can be included in articles, email responses, and FAQs.
- Identify and capture new information on an ongoing basis.
- 3+ years knowledge engineering experience
- Experience building and managing expert and database systems
- Experience developing functional algorithms
- Proficiency in tools such as XML, XSL, RDF/S, OWL, and dynamic languages like Python, Perl, and Ruby
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at various levels within the organization
- Passion for problem-solving with outstanding attention to detail
Commitment: This is a 6 mo. contract.