Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$82.00 - $94.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest social network find a Prototyper (3D Development) to research, design, and create prototypes for augmented and virtual reality (AR/VR). In this role, you will build and enhance prototyping platforms in partnership with other prototypers and technical teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience with AR/VR game development, a strong ability to visualize in 3D, and an understanding of the aesthetic aspects of design. All candidates must have experience with Unity, Figma, Oragami, real-time 3D development, and demonstrate a strong proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. C#, C/C++, Python, or Java).As Prototyper, you will:
- Research, design, and create interactive prototypes.
- Collaborate with other technical teams to build and enhance prototyping platforms.
- Set up and maintain prototypes, presenting them to various audiences.
- Give and solicit real-time feedback to cross-functional partners to improve the quality of the product.
- Partner effectively with product managers, engineers, user researchers, content strategists, and quality assurance, overseeing the implementation of the user experience from product conception to post-launch design support.
- Contribute to strategic decisions, working with the Design, Product, and Executive teams.
- Create product-ready assets for rapid, internal testing and external release.
- Advocate for product design throughout the company.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Unity, Figma, and Oragami
- Experience with real-time 3D development
- Strong programming ability in one or more languages (e.g. C#, C/C++, Python, or Java)
- Experience with AR/VR and game development
- Creativity, verbal and written communication skills, and problem solving ability
- Strong ability to visualize in 3D and understand aesthetic aspects of design
- Previous experience creating layouts and generating new images
- Expert problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Experience designing for immersive games is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time, 6-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in New York, NY. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen and is open to candidates local to the New York Metro area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or hire corp-to-corp.