Location:New York, NY
Expected Pay Rate:$40,000.00 - $43,000.00 per year
Schedule:9 AM - 5 PM, Monday-Friday, with a willingness to extend beyond those hours if business needs necessitate it
Job DescriptionWe're looking for a Candidate Coordinator to be the first point of contact for our candidates during their crucial first steps in the application process and throughout their job search journey with HireArt. You'll be a part of our sourcing team that reviews hundreds of applications weekly, finds candidates for positions ranging from Brand Ambassador to Systems Engineer, and loves helping people find their dream job. You'll be integral in supporting candidates through the ups and downs of this journey and ensuring that they have a best-in-class experience when using HireArt.
In this role, you will work closely with graders and account managers to gather and disseminate job information to our candidates, update candidates on the status of their application, answer and triage questions they may have about the application process, and make sure our job descriptions remain relevant and up-to-date with changing needs and parameters.
The ideal candidate will be process and detail oriented, highly organized, an excellent writer, a tactful communicator, and have a high level of empathy. They will also have previous experience in a client-facing or customer service role. This is an excellent opportunity for those interested in recruiting or account management.
- Respond to candidate inquiries about the jobs they've applied to and the status of their application
- Guide candidates through the online interview process
- Use HireArt's platform to post new jobs and ensure job descriptions adhere to HireArt's standards, sometimes transforming requirement outlines or highly technical wording into engaging and thorough job descriptions
- Maintain positive relationships with candidates as they apply to new opportunities
- Liaise and work cross-functionally with customer service, people ops, account management, grading and development teams to ensure candidates are receiving the most accurate and up to date information in the most clear and efficient way possible
- Maintain accurate, organized, and up-to-date notes on all active positions that will be a source of truth for the sourcing team
- Reviewing applications
- Taking notes during calls with hiring managers
- Responding to requests for feedback
- Sourcing candidates and assessing candidates' fit for positions
- Interview management
- Creating and compiling resources for the sourcing team and HireArt at large, e.g. response templates, answers to FAQs
- 1+ year experience in a service oriented role (e.g. administrative, customer service, account management, HR, recruiting), ideally where written communication was required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, must be able to tactfully relay information
- A high level of empathy and a desire to help others, must be willing to share the good news as well as the bad
- Value accuracy and transparency
- An ability to follow processes, identify areas for improvement, and create new processes
- Strong organization skills and an ability to be flexible and adapt in the face of changing and competing priorities
- Must be willing to ask questions and collaborate with others
- Tech savvy
- Experience in a coordinator or client services role
- Experience managing and organizing email inboxes
- Experience in recruiting or HR
- Experience in a startup, technology, or fast-paced environment
- An interest in tech and/or operations
- Bachelor's Degree
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in New York, NY. You'll work remotely initially, and will shift to on-site when offices fully reopen.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
HireArt is a software company building the standard for easy contract employment. We offer employers a seamless platform that covers every part of the employment process, from finding talent to screening and interviewing, onboarding, benefits, payroll, HR support, and outplacement. We offer employees a modern, responsive and caring home base where they can enjoy the support of a traditional workplace with the fluidity of contract work.
You can think of HireArt as Zenefits or Gusto for contract staffing. Our strategy is to provide the best contract employment experience for clients and employees in a market that is expensive, manual, local, provides limited services to employers and workers, and sees limited use of software to scale manual processes. The contract staffing industry is a trillion-dollar market worldwide and there are no other modern contract employment platforms.
HireArt blends technology with personalized support to make the contract employment relationship an excellent experience for everyone. We've already helped build teams at hundreds of awesome companies including, Facebook, Google, and Airbnb, and we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of applicants in their job searches.
For HireArt employees, we offer Salary + Equity + Benefits packages including:
- Health, dental & vision insurance (100% paid by HireArt)
- Generous vacation policy
- Commuter benefits