Location:San Francisco, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:10 month contract
HireArt is helping the world's largest home-sharing marketplace find a Web Copy Editor to edit, write, and enhance copy to meet established tone and style requirements. The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree, excellent writing and editing skills, and a sound knowledge of content development best practices.
As Web Copy Editor, you will:
- Serve as a content review specialist by maintaining the consistency of website copy and setting editorial style.
- Source internal product management stories that align with the company's business objectives.
- Write original articles for website (community features, case studies, launches, event announcements, etc).
- Edit the work of internal collaborators, optimizing for editorial and Internet best practices.
- Undertake HTML editing and proofread web pages.
- Create and manage the editorial publishing calendar for digital channels.
- Provide continuing content development and ensure consistency of web site.
- Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, or marketing
- 2+ years experience writing and editing for the web
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Sound working knowledge of current web content development practices
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a busy startup environment
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 10-month contract position through HireArt and based in San Francisco.