Expected Salary$52.00 - $57.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Technical Artist to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. As Technical Artist, you’ll take an active role in a highly collaborative workplace and work closely with other teams to creatively solve technical challenges.
In this role, you'll focus on developing and optimizing Augmented Reality (AR) content across platforms and devices and educating teams on best practices.
We are looking for people with expertise in 2D and 3D modeling as well as in-depth experience in asset optimization. The ideal candidate is also an effective communicator, collaborator, and mentor, with comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.
- Optimize AR content through enhancing performance, targeting a wide range of mobile devices.
- Instruct artists on optimized asset creation best practices.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to test new features, working closely with artists on gathering feedback on these features and report findings back to appropriate parties.
- Prototype and develop new products in the AR platform by writing logic and creating new shaders.
- Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related technical or creative field
- 3+ years of professional experience working on shipped titles, such as in the gaming or film industries
- In-depth expertise of optimizing assets for real-time products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as experience in mentoring peers
- Expertise in both 3D and 2D content creation packages such as Maya/Max/C4D, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance, etc.
- Experience in GLSL, HLSL, or CG shading language is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position through HireArt and based in Menlo Park, CA.