Location:Cranford, NJ and Red Bank, NJ
Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 per hour
Schedule:20 hours per week
HireArt is helping an innovative fast-growing foodtech startup find a Production Cook. In this role, you will help make sure the kitchen facilities meet quality standards in order to deliver an excellent experience for customers.
You'll work closely with the culinary team to prepare recipes and will be responsible for using all the kitchen equipment and utensils, such as dishes, ovens, fryers, and flat tops, among others. You’ll be responsible for maintaining organization and cleanliness, and ensuring all safety rules and procedures are being followed.
- Accurately cook and prepare ingredients according to specific recipes
- Complete prep list assigned to each station
- Properly label, date, document, and handle food, observing all HACCP procedures and safety rules.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness of production stations
- Ensure all safety rules and procedures are being followed
- Help make sure the kitchen facilities meet quality standards
- Participate in pre-shift meetings
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strict adherence to schedule time and attendance
- Willingness to adhere to dress code while on duty in correct company uniform, safety shoes, and no jewelry
- Must have a passion for food and a desire to grow
- An eye for detail
- Positive attitude in a team environment
- Commissary experience in assembly
- Well versed in the metric system conversion
- Culinary experience in a top-quality restaurant, hotel, or high-end foodservice environment a plus
Commitment: This is a part-time (20 hours per week), contract position through HireArt and based on-site in Cranford and Red Bank, NJ.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.