Expected Pay Rate:$24.00 - $28.50 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:13 month contract
HireArt is helping a fast-growing financial software startup find an Office Manager to oversee the operations of its Kitchener-Waterloo office. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for all office-related requests, including vendor management, seating chart/new hires, and office events. You will also be in charge of creating a world-class experience for all employees.
The ideal candidate will have experience as an office manager or coordinator and be able to take charge of a large space, proactively tackling problems as they arise and empathetically dealing with a sizeable team.As an Office Manager, you will:
- Coordinate employees’ return to physical office, according to company protocol.
- Act as subject matter expert in local COVID ordinances and recovery plans.
- Establish and manage world-class vendor relationships (i.e. snacks, catering, property management, and janitorial).
- Act as the primary point of contact for any building-related maintenance programs and requests for general information.
- Order daily lunch and maintain a full snack program for the office.
- Manage emergency response team, acting as the lead Fire Warden and non-management co-chair of JHSC.
- Manage seating charts and any desk moves throughout the space.
- Track operational spending on a spreadsheet, ensuring budget accuracy.
- Approve and pay all office invoices.
- Reconcile credit card statement and ensure all GLs are correctly assigned with receipts for each transaction attached.
- Coordinate catering to ensure meals run smoothly and stay within budget.
- Coordinate with the cleaning company to ensure monthly tasks, as well as any ad-hoc requests, are completed.
- Greet guests and assist candidates.
- Be the go-to point person and resource for all internal and external event planning, such as Carta Cares community outreach and Summer celebrations.
- Assist with conference room scheduling and partner with IT for a seamless digital communication experience over Zoom.
- Implement new programs, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with auditing furniture/equipment and replacement.
- Ensure restroom stations are fully stocked and re-order supplies.
- Take care of other projects to build the company's physical presence in the Kitchener-Waterloo region.
- Experience as an Office Manager or Office Coordinator
- Ability to solve problems proactively
- Takes ownership over the space and operations
- Proven track record of being relentless when faced with challenges
- Ability to communicate effectively and proactively with the KW site leads and foster highly collaborative relationships
- Passionate about creating an inclusive environment that promotes community and engagement, both virtually and in-person
- Ability to empathize with a large team by being the voice of our Canadian office and taking the reigns on projects/committees with a kind heart
Commitment: This is a full-time, 13-month contract position staffed via HireArt and based in the Kitchener-Waterloo region. This position will be fully remote until offices reopen and is open to candidates local to the area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or Corp to Corp hiring.