Location:Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 per hour
Schedule:8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, with the potential of working some Saturdays
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping an innovative utilities solutions company find a Field Technician to install, remove, modify, inspect, and/or service a specific type/set of types of Direct Load Control (DLC) devices while exhibiting safe, courteous, and helpful behavior and maintaining compliance with company standards. You will primarily provide servicing to residential markets.As a Field Technician, you will:
- Install, inspect, modify, remove and/or service DLC devices.
- Exhibit basic HVAC technical aptitude and understanding.
- Perform work requiring electrical/electronic usage and mechanical theories/principles.
- Navigate and understand basic operating components of air conditioning systems.
- Provide a professional appearance appropriate for a representative of the company and its clients.
- Ensure the meeting of customer specifications and company quality standards.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Collaborate in a team atmosphere, continuously improving operations year after year.
- Participate in an on-call rotation system for after-hours service calls.
- Conduct inventory counts and submit inventory reports as requested by management.
- Assure the cleanliness and organization of the company’s warehouse locations and fleet vehicle parking areas by regularly assisting with the cleaning and organization of those areas (e.g. proper storage of products and recycling materials, etc.).
- Assure assigned fleet vehicles have all safety products located within, and attached to, the vehicle, and that the vehicles are kept clean and orderly.
- Perform routine vehicle safety inspections and submit inspection/maintenance reports to management upon request.
- Occasionally travel on the weekends to accommodate customers’ needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 1+ years relevant work background (experience with basic wiring, lighting, HVAC, troubleshooting and/or other technologies installed in commercial/residential applications preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable Transportation
- Willingness to travel at least 95% of the time, including occasional overnight travel
- Mechanical and technical aptitude
- Basic construction knowledge
- Basic knowledge of building science/energy auditing
- Strong customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Ability to read/interpret documents, such as safety rules, operating/maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Experienced mapping and route navigation skills
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
- Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, and ratios
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Experience in installing technologies, manual labor and using tools.
- Background in one or more of the following:
- Building science and design
- Building envelope
- Weatherization or related fields
- Building maintenance
- Home inspection
- HVAC, lighting, controls or renewable energy
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Possible exposure to fumes/airborne particles and risk of potential shock
- Exposure to environmental conditions (e.g. extreme heat and cold)
- Required to sit, stand, and walk; talk and hear; and handle tools/controls
- Carrying, pushing, and/or pulling (some climbing and balancing)
- Frequent stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling, and significant fine finger dexterity (e.g. 10% sitting, 60% walking, and 30% standing)
- Noise Level is typically moderate
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract-to-hire position through HireArt based in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. It requires 95% travel within the region of Rancho Cucamonga and is open to candidates local to Rancho Cucamonga, Riverside, San Fernando, Simi Valley, and Temecula.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.