Expected Salary$25 - $35 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a Field Service Technician to work based out of our client’s San Francisco headquarters. In this role, you'll work on reworks and repairs on a 6000 pound agricultural machine. Fixing mechanical equipment, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, welding, and crimping electrical terminations will be part of your daily tasks.
As Field Service Technician, you will also work with the team to test the agricultural machine directly on farms during daily trips, including preparing for field tests, driving and maneuvering our pickup, trailer, and machine on the field and fixing any mechanical issues happening on the farm.
As part of this team you will:
- Evolve in a very fast-paced engineering environment with short development cycles.
- Gain knowledge of the Agricultural Automation industry.
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
- Get ideas, feedback, suggestions, and criticism from other best-in-their-field engineers.
Come join the journey to improve farming with AI and automation, and to help farmers grow better and healthier food with constantly decreasing inputs!
- 5 years solid field service experience performing installations, preventative maintenance, and repair of industrial equipment.
- Basic mechanical skills and general knowledge of operating hand tools, portable power tools, and bench tools.
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitudes, knowledge of electrical/electronic systems and hydraulics and internal combustion engines, and the ability to read and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics. Strong attention to detail, quality focused, organized and willing to learn.
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record.
- Ability to raise 50lbs objects and sometimes work 12 hours shift.
- Technical degree, previous repair or welding experience, and knowledge of various types of testing equipment preferred.
- Previous experience as a mechanic or working with heavy equipment is a big plus!
Commitment: This is a 3-month contract with potential to become full-time. Local travel is required.