Expected Salary$24.00 - $28.00 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a User Research Assistant to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll work closely with research teams focused on creating the best user experience for Virtual Reality products.
As User Research Assistant you'll be integral to organizing and administering research studies. You'll also take a lead role in data annotation and management.
We're looking for people who are customer-oriented and who can communicate and collaborate effectively - with internal teams, external vendors, and research study participants. You also have a passion for product quality and cutting-edge technology. Previous experience in research-oriented roles is a plus but not required.
- Recruit and screen participants for availability, interest level, and appropriate qualifications.
- Assist in setting up and conducting studies, coordinating with vendors, safety evaluators, and internal teams.
- Coordinate study logistics, including participant scheduling and distribution of incentives.
- Guide participants through study procedures.
- Collect data per study design, and annotate data according to established specifications.
- Manage annotation queues to ensure labeled data is accurate, timely, and meeting research team needs.
- Create tutorials for training other team members on data annotation and labeling.
- Consolidate feedback on annotation tooling and surface feedback to the engineering team on an ongoing basis.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in online operations
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail
- A penchant for web technology, including various web and mobile apps
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles, data annotation, and/or user studies/research is a plus
- Experience in the VR/AR industry is a plus
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 3-month contract position based in Menlo Park, CA.