Expected Pay Rate:$20.00 - $25.00 per hour
Schedule:35-40 hours per week, with shifts available between the hours of 3am and 4pm. Part-time shifts are also available.
HireArt is helping Gatik, a leader in autonomous vehicle transportation solutions, hire a bright and highly motivated Vehicle Operator to support Gatik’s operations team.
Gatik is leading the way in autonomous middle-mile delivery by developing a safe, efficient, autonomous delivery solution that addresses real pain points for the retail industry. Operating on fixed, predetermined routes, they are the first company to develop and deploy light/medium duty autonomous box trucks.
As Vehicle Operator, you're responsible for our clients' Autonomous Vehicle platforms. You'll support the transportation of vehicles and customer goods, as well as collect data, provide feedback for process improvement, and collaborate effectively with diverse teams.
You’ll be a valuable contributor, providing necessary insights to engineering teams aimed at improving groundbreaking automated driving technology while meeting customer needs. If you’re passionate about driving, safety, and technology, we’d love to hear from you!
As Vehicle Operator, you will:
- Ensure operation of delivery vehicles, in autonomous and manual modes, keeping other drivers, the public, other members of the operating team, and the vehicle safe at all times.
- Ensure vehicles arrive at pick-up and drop-off locations on time and that the integrity of goods is retained on each journey.
- Assistance with loading and unloading of customer goods may be required.
- Maintain vehicles and ensure it remains clean and presentable to the public.
- Maintain detailed logs and provide data daily.
- As required, collaborate with software engineers and other members of the operations team to follow collection and drop-off procedures on each journey.
- As required, support the operation of Gatik’s autonomous vehicle software.
- Execute and track established business procedures and processes.
- Provide feedback to operations and engineering teams on vehicle processes and performance.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn and adopt new operating procedures when required.
- Act as an ambassador for Gatik, Gatik’s technology and staff, and Gatik’s clients.
- Physically drive the vehicles for several weeks (up to 2-3 months) before moving toward autonomous operations.
- Use Slack to update the dispatch team on the status of each step of your shift/route.
- Manually record data and send it via Slack.
- Load and unload the trucks as needed.
Benefits for this role include:
- Comprehensive supplemental benefits including supplemental medical, dental, vision, hospital, drug coverage, and life insurance
- Paid breaks and monthly lunch cards
- Plus Perks!
- Must be at least 25 years old
- A valid Canadian Driver’s license (Class G in Ontario or equivalent) with at least 5 years’ driving experience, and a clean driving record
- Customer relationship management experience
- Post-secondary degree, or equivalent practical work experience
- 2+ years’ professional driving experience
- 1+ years of autonomous vehicle testing experience desirable
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Meticulous, organized, and proactive
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and basic mechanical skills
- Basic computer skills including the ability to learn and successfully use applications
- Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operation tasks that may require lifting up to 50 lbs.
Commitment: This is a full-time contract position staffed via HireArt and based in Toronto, ON. It offers 35-40 hours per week, with shifts available between the hours of 3am and 4pm. Part-time shifts are also available. Compensation is hourly and paid training is provided. An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of the initial training.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
Gatik is a rapidly growing team of autonomous (self-driving) vehicle researchers and engineers with domain expertise in artificial intelligence, robotics, and computer vision. Founded by graduates and former researchers from the Carnegie Mellon Robotics Academy, we are building new concepts & groundbreaking solutions for autonomous vehicles in Canada and the USA.
We are developing autonomous vehicles (AVs), specifically designed to provide safe, effective, and cost-efficient short-haul, business-to-business logistics solutions to our clients. Our aim is to design and deliver the next generation of autonomous vehicles for commercial logistics in urban, semi-urban, suburban, and rural environments.
We have offices in Toronto, Canada, and Palo Alto, California, and we’re excited to be expanding our operations within the Greater Toronto Area. http://www.gatik.ai/