Location:San Francisco, CA
Expected Pay Rate:$90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
HireArt is helping Transdev, a leader in global transportation solutions, hire an Autonomous Vehicle Operations Manager. In this role, you’ll work closely with both operations leadership and autonomous vehicle teams to execute strategic initiatives.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring teams can succeed on a daily basis, that projects and programs are executed successfully, and that safety and compliance requirements are consistently met.
The ideal candidate is experienced in operations and in leading teams and is passionate about autonomous vehicle technology.
As Autonomous Vehicle Operations Manager, you will:
- Manage daily team activities and support the leadership team with dispatch management.
- Drive special project and program completion assigned by the general manager.
- Attend meetings with the client to represent the general manager or other functional leadership team members.
- Evaluate vehicle drivers to hire, coach, mentor, and make other employment-related decisions.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with the different internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in Lean/Kaizen, Black Belt, and other Operational Excellence initiatives.
- Ensure compliance throughout the site to global process standards and work on continuous improvement initiatives.
- Oversee all vehicle driver safety evaluation ride checks, observe drivers while on route/test track, and prescribe the necessary retraining.
- Inform other management personnel regarding operational or personnel problems and offer ideas towards resolution.
- Respond to service problems including rerouting, accidents, and incidents with the goal of restoration of interrupted service, and support drivers in preparing accident reports such as post-accident drug and alcohol testing according to policy.
- Maintain routine records and perform a variety of clerical work activities related to the property operation.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality of all information.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, operations, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in operations, including at least 1 year in a management/supervisory role
- Ability to read a map and digital map directions
- Ability to use a computer to generate reports and schedules
- Ability to supervise others and make quality business decisions regarding operations
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret system operating rules, regulations, policies, phases, and routes
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently
- Strong analytical skills and attention to details
Working Conditions: Due to the nature of the position and daily inspections of the vehicle, this job often requires physical work including, but not limited to, bending, stooping, and various operational tasks that may require lifting up to 25 lbs. The ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions is required.
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), permanent position through HireArt and based in San Francisco, CA.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.
We are the largest private provider of multiple modes of transport in North America.
Cities, counties, airports, companies, and universities contract with us to operate their transportation systems. Our goal is to help our clients provide transit systems that are appealing, convenient, integrated networks that people actively choose to ride. In cities all across the country, we’re helping our clients move toward making public transit equivalent to the city’s lifeblood, circulating and connecting riders to the people and places they care about.
We are part of a global company, Transdev, operating in 17 countries on five continents.