Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping TRI hire a skilled and highly motivated Software Engineer to support the development and performance of high-definition maps for autonomous driving.
In an era of increasing vehicle automation, having up-to-date and highly accurate maps is critical to ensuring safe vehicle operation both on the highway and on surface roads. As Software Engineer, Mapping, you’ll have the opportunity to work with engineers and researchers innovating in autonomous mapping and driving technology.
The ideal candidate is an adept engineer experienced in Linux, Git, and C++. You're also a great communicator, collaborator, and problem-solver.
As Software Engineer, Mapping you will:
- Collaborate with other software engineers and research scientists to improve the software behind maintaining high-definition maps for autonomous driving.
- Be at the front-line interfaces between engineers, researchers, and map annotators to decrease turn-around time for map updates and feature requests.
- With the guidance of senior software engineers, implement high-quality software to allow for both high-performance and easily understandable and maintainable software.
- Live and breathe the software practices that produce maintainable code, including automated testing, continuous integration, code style conformity, and code review.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in related position
- A great team player and collaborator
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced in Linux, Git, and C++.
- Experience with 3D graphics/OpenGL preferred
- Ability to work with Python code as needed
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract position with potential for extension. This role is staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/