As a Data Scientist at Via, you’ll utilize advanced quantitative & statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation. This is a critical role reporting directly to CEO and senior management to help drive business decisions.
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights.
- Use sophisticated statistical methods to solve problems, leveraging up-to-date academic research and tools.
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about customer and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data.
- Leverage results to increase conversion and retention at every touch point.
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand current operations as well as expansion opportunities in new markets.
- Master’s degree or PhD in a quantitative field (Statistics, Machine Learning, Math, Physics, etc.)
- 2+ years graduate-level research experience
- Obsessed with data! Analytical and rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics and machine learning
- Experience in predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing and editing skills
- Passionate about elegant visualization, and an understanding of the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- Deep understanding of business concepts within strategy, operations, and marketing
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R, and Tableau
Via offers highly competitive compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, a flexible vacation policy, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ve built revolutionary technology that is changing the way people get around cities. Using Via, a ride booked on your phone costs little more than the bus. Via is on-demand transit on a mass scale, and it’s transportation that’s friendly to our planet. Currently live in NYC, Chicago, and Washington D.C., we’re backed by some of the world’s top investors and aggressively expanding.