Expected Salary$44 - $47 per hour
HireArt is looking to hire a CMS Specialist to work on-site at our client’s Menlo Park campus on a contract basis. In this role, you’ll build web pages for internal and external users using HTML and CSS. You’ll also work closely with Marketing, Design, Engineering, and Developer teams to ensure site content is functional, effective, and aligned with business goals and target audiences.
We’re seeking a CMS Specialist experienced in HTML/CSS and in front-end development. You have a solid track record of building elegant and sophisticated web applications that users love to use. You’re able to multi-task and perform against competing priorities and deadlines, and you’re comfortable working independently as well as collaboratively in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Build web pages for internal and external users using HTML and CSS.
- Create well designed, testable, efficient HTML/CSS/XML, determine technical requirements, and solve code problems.
- Upgrade site content and graphics, monitor performance and results, identify and evaluate improvement options, introduce creative solutions, and tag pages properly with taxonomy.
- Partner with Marketing and Design Leads to manage multiple bodies of work and align against business goals and audience.
- Partner with broader web developer and engineering teams to propose, ideate and test new capabilities.
- Ensure deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements, in an environment where priorities often compete.
- Develop and QA site layout by clarifying goals, designing functionality, categorizing content, and funneling traffic through content.
- College degree or relevant coding certificate
- 2+ years experience in front-end web development
- Proficient in HTML/CSS/XML (PHP a plus)
- In-depth understanding of web architecture and coding best practices
- Familiar with CMS and its functions
- Ability to adapt and learn proprietary coding techniques quickly
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to effectively advise non-technical audiences on technical issues
- Able to stay organized, prioritize projects, and work independently
- Comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position based in Menlo Park, CA.