Location:Ann Arbor, MI
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week, PST business hours
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute (TRI) hire a Senior System Administrator to join its IT and Core Engineering teams.
In this role, you’ll build out TRI’s infrastructure as it grows and will support a highly technical user base, who utilize a diverse collection of complex software and hardware engineering tools.
We are looking for top-performing IT professionals who have broad-based experience building network infrastructure and supporting software/hardware engineering and research teams.
All candidates must thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments and quickly adapt to learn the latest technologies.
The ideal candidate will have technical depth in multi vendor networking & associated technologies while maintaining an IT generalist mindset.As a Senior System Administrator , you will:
- Collaborate with software engineers, roboticists, electrical and mechanical engineers, and scientists to implement tools to further the TRI mission.
- Maintain, manage, and grow existing Juniper+PALO+Cisco based neworks.
- Build and maintain on-premise and cloud-based servers.
- Support the cloud-centric ecosystem that TRI is building.
- Support the integration of a Software-as-a-Service application with cloud and on-premise systems.
- Maintain the availability and security of infrastructure through routine maintenance and patching of systems.
- Support a remote, shelter-in-place workforce.
- Provide customer-facing support to users throughout the organization and of all skill levels.
- Collaborate with a distributed IT team and other members of Core Engineering in Ann Arbor, MI, Cambridge, MA, and Los Altos, CA.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- 7+ years of experience in a related position
- Experience supporting Juniper QFX, EX switches (L2 & L3), and SRX firewalls
- Experience supporting on-premises and AWS-based PALO firewalls and Global Protect Gateways
- Experience supporting Meraki Wireless APs
- Experience supporting Ubuntu Linux, MacOS, and Windows operating systems
- Experience centrally managing and maintaining Ubuntu Linux, MacOS, and Windows endpoints
- Experience managing, automating and integrating cloud-based services (e.g. G-Suite, O365, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Commitment:This is a full-time, ongoing contract position staffed via HireArt. It is open to candidates local to Los Altos, CA or Ann Arbor, MI.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
- Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
- Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
- Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
- Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.