Location:New York, NY (Remote)
Expected Pay Rate:$40.00 - $60.00 per hour
Assignment Length:Contract to hire
HireArt is helping Lighthouse.app find a Backend Engineer to help build a world-class rental marketplace and positively shape the lives of millions of renters.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for important data models, workers, and core infrastructure that will bring to life the best rental experience the world has ever seen.As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Guide decisions regarding technical architecture and help scale the company’s services.
- Write understandable, testable code with a focus on maintainability and scalability.
- Collaborate with a remote development team, review code, test features, and champion bug-free releases.
- Have control over infrastructure, core emphasis on CI and data integrity, and a general sense of ownership on tech.
- Promote constant refactoring while developing features or touching existing code to keep the codebase as clean as possible.
- Engage in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, and product/design meetings to help promote a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
- Identify trade-offs, challenge ideas, over-communicate, and effectively collaborate with teammates.
- Become a domain expert, working closely with the company's product team and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and decision-making about product and business direction.
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ship high-quality products and services.
- Help with hiring, mentoring, and establishing a unique culture within the company.
- 3+ years experience building in TypeScript, Node.js, Express and working with databases, such as Postgres, MySQL, MongoDB
- Possess expert knowledge of cloud infrastructure platforms, and have a background in serverless, microservices, and CI/CD
- Possess a customer-centric mindset and have strong empathy for renters aspiring to become homeowners
- Write high quality unit tests
- Have a strong understanding of industry best practices and standards
- Understand what it means to work at a fast-paced startup executing a product-led growth strategy
- An existing interest in complex, and multi-agent systems
- Data engineering, machine learning, or other data science experience
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 6-month contract-to-hire position staffed via HireArt. It will be fully remote and is open to all U.S.-based candidates.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
You already get cash back for everything — credit cards, gas, food, travel — why not rent? Rent is probably your single largest monthly expense and you've never been rewarded for it. We sometimes joke that you don't even get a “thank you” for paying your rent on time! With too many people struggling to save, we think that right now is the perfect time for a new rental site that has your interest in mind. One that rewards you for good behavior and makes your rental experience a bit more enjoyable. That's why we created Lighthouse.