Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:40 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Assignment Length:1 year contract
HireArt is helping Toyota Research Institute hire a Research Assistant to support the design, execution, and analysis of human-centered research studies.
We’re seeking a Research Assistant with experience conducting behavioral studies and an interest in the overlap between behavioral sciences and technology. The ideal candidate is also proactive, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator.
As Research Assistant, you will:
- Assist with behavior experimentation and human-centered studies.
- Design experiments and create stimulus content.
- Administer questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Analyze and interpret data and generate insights, recommendations, reports.
- Manage behavioral datasets and experimentation platform accounts.
- Conduct literature reviews and competitive analyses.
- Edit journal submissions and scientific reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Psychology, UX or a similar field emphasizing human performance and behavior
- Experience proctoring behavioral studies
- A strong interest in the overlap between behavioral sciences and technology
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, with comfort giving and receiving feedback
- Proactive and seek out new opportunities for impact, as time permits
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently as well as collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize effectively
- Eager to learn new technical skills
- Experience managing and analyzing quantitative data using Python or R
- Experience generating categories from qualitative data and performing coding
- Experience with survey designs (i.e. survey logic, randomization, etc.)
- Experience with online experimentation platforms, such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey
- Experience generating study stimuli (e.g., descriptive scenarios, animation, video)
Commitment: This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position through HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA. Domestic and international travel may be required.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life.
Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries PhD degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us. https://www.tri.global/