Expected Pay Rate:$87.00 - $106.00 per hour
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Assignment Length:12 month contract
HireArt is helping the world’s largest social network hire an Electrical Engineer (Prototype Electrical Systems) to design, build, and test prototype electrical systems.
In this role, you'll become part of a team supporting fast, iterative prototyping needs that will require you to work cross-functionally with teams that will dynamically change depending on the problem or project.
All candidates must work well in teams, have the ability to take a board definition and implement it with electrical schematic and layout, and demonstrate the skills necessary to transition these designs into a contract-manufacturer’s workflow to have them delivered, tested, and brought-up reliably. You must be familiar with CAD tools, like Cadence OrCAD, Altium, SPICE, ModelSim, or Xilinx.
We’re looking for talented senior-level technical leaders, with a system engineering or board-level electrical engineering background, who work on high-volume consumer products.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable taking full ownership of tasks and driving them to completion by partnering with the immediate team and cross-functional partners. In addition to their core electrical engineering competency, you must demonstrate the ability to be organized, set schedules, communicate schedules, and be experienced at delivering on-time per your committed schedules.As an Electrical Engineer (Prototype Electrical Systems), you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ingest task requirements.
- Communicate timelines of deliverables with key customers.
- Create architecture diagrams and documentation for electrical systems.
- Design, simulate, prototype, and test electrical systems, working closely with FPGA, FW/SW, and Silicon design engineers as well as customer teams.
- Create schematics, specify components, and support building component libraries.
- Oversee the design of FPCs/PCBs, including considerations for high-speed layouts, SI/PI, desense, DFM, etc.
- Facilitate the assembly and testing of electrical designs by managing your contract manufacturing partner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of industry experience designing consumer products
- Experience with flexible, rigid, and rigid-flex stack-ups and layout principles, including high speed signal integrity (multi-Gigabit), power layout, de-sense, DFM, etc.
- Circuit design experience in high-speed differential circuits that include FPGAs, uControllers, uProcessors, power supply circuits, etc. in small-to large scale integrations
- Experience writing system and device specifications
- Experience with communication interfaces, such as Ethernet, MIPI, PCIe, USB, I2C, and SPI
- Experience in schematic and board layout using Altium, Cadence, or equivalent
- Experience using oscilloscopes, high speed digital test equipment, logic analyzers, and function generators
- Creativity, verbal/written communication skills, and analytical/problem solving ability
- Team player and detail-oriented
- Displays attributes of a critical thinker and leverages innovative ideas
- Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Experience with telco high-speed communication interfaces enabling 100Gb+ data-rates
- Experience working with displays or optical components (i.e. display drivers or camera sensor drivers)
- Experience with circuit simulations and modeling (e.g. SPICE, MATLAB)
- Experience programming in C, creating initial system bring-up, debugging, and test hooks
- Experience with scripting languages such as MATLAB and Python
Commitment:This is a full-time (40 hours per week), 12-month contract position (with the possibility for extension) staffed via HireArt and based in Redmond, WA. It will be fully remote until offices reopen and is available to candidates local to the Redmond area.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.