Location:Los Altos, CA
Schedule:Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Assignment Length:6 month contract
HireArt is helping TRI (Toyota Research Institute) hire an energetic, friendly, and ambitious Receptionist to handle multiple administrative and customer service responsibilities.
As Receptionist, you will be the first person employees and guests interact with when they walk into TRI’s Los Altos office. You'll also support calendar management, event planning, special projects, and more.
We’re looking for someone TRI can count on to ensure each visitor has a warm and efficient experience. The ideal candidate has exceptional customer service skills, experience in office administration, and the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and engage effectively with diverse personalities.
As Receptionist, you will:
- Work cross-functionally with the Office Manager and other departments to align on upcoming events, special visitors and/or special projects.
- Greet and check-in guests and assure they are taken care of in a timely manner.
- Partner closely with security to ensure visitors are checked in with proper identification, visitor badges, and have signed non-disclosure agreements, etc.
- Ensure the front reception area is organized and well-maintained.
- Scan and sort and mail and packages.
- Manage the conference room calendar for staff.
- Assist with tracking invoices, receipts, expenses, purchase orders, and various accounting duties.
- Drive improvements or find creative solutions for inefficiencies in the lobby/front desk area.
- Place orders for office and food/beverage supplies as needed.
- Maintain various files for Facilities and IT.
- Help prepare weekly reports and other departmental projects/duties as assigned.
- Experience in office administration or similar
- Exceptional customer service skills, over the phone and in-person
- Computer Skills, including proficiency in Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Calendar)
- An upbeat, energetic, positive, mature and professional attitude
- A strong sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and with a diverse range of personalities
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
Commitment: This is a full-time 6-month contract position with the potential to extend, staffed via HireArt and based in Los Altos, CA.
HireArt provides Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to the applicant's race, color, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, religion, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state or local laws.
At Toyota Research Institute (TRI), we’re working to build a future where everyone has the freedom to move, engage, and explore with a focus on reducing vehicle collisions, injuries, and fatalities. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of human life through advances in artificial intelligence, automated driving, robotics, and materials science. We’re dedicated to building a world of “mobility for all” where everyone, regardless of age or ability, can live in harmony with technology to enjoy a better life. Through innovations in AI, we’ll...
● Develop vehicles incapable of causing a crash, regardless of the actions of the driver.
● Develop technology for vehicles and robots to help people enjoy new levels of independence, access, and mobility.
● Bring advanced mobility technology to the market faster.
● Discover new materials that will make drive batteries and hydrogen fuel cells smaller, lighter, less expensive and more powerful.
Our work is guided by a dedication to safety – in how we research, develop, and validate the performance of vehicle technology to benefit society. As a subsidiary of Toyota, TRI is fueled by a diverse and inclusive community of people who carry invaluable leadership, experience, and ideas from industry-leading companies. Over half of our technical team carries Ph.D. degrees. We’re continually searching for the world’s best talent ‒ people who are ready to define the new world of mobility with us!
We strive to build a company that helps our people thrive, achieve work-life balance, and bring their best selves to work. At TRI, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the best of both worlds ‒ a fun start-up environment with brilliant people who enjoy solving tough problems and the financial backing to successfully achieve our goals. If you’re passionate about working with smart people to make cars safer, enable the elderly to age in place, or design alternative fuel sources, TRI is the place for you. ‒ Start your impossible with us.