Expected Pay Rate:$70.00 - $95.00 per hour
HireArt is helping MotoRefi find a skilled, remote Principal Front-End Developer to help build out their proprietary financing software. You will help build new user-facing features, expand and maintain their component library, integrate with their core API, and improve the experience for users. MotoRefi's current stage provides a seasoned front-end engineer with a healthy mix of familiar and novel challenges and a high degree of agency to solve them.
- Design, build, and maintain web services that are subjected to a high request volume using a modern framework
- Evolve the architecture of our component library, facilitate its updates/maintenance, and evangelize its use across engineering
- Building new user-facing features
- Evolve our analytics tracking frameworks to support more reliable instrumentation of our front-end web applications
- Implement monitoring and alerting to understand the health of the apps and diagnose issues
- Develop technical standards that support high velocity delivery, and guide the team on their use
- Lead and mentor engineers to accomplish objectives with the support of an engineering manager
- Drive incremental improvements across multiple roadmap items
- Demonstrate ownership of the software and applications
- See people as people
- Take care of each other
- Commit to the mission
- Move quickly and bravely
- Get better every day
- Seek truth
There are always exceptions, and we are looking for exceptional individuals, so nothing on this list is strictly required. However, if many of these match your experiences, then you would likely thrive in this role.
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of front-end development experience
- Passionate software engineer that loves building polished consumer-facing products
- You are a collaborator that thrives in a social atmosphere and actively contributes to improving processes, workflows, and communication
- You are a mentor who enjoys teaching new languages, frameworks, and tools to others
- Readily pick up new languages, frameworks, and tools
- Have effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Have experience with frontend testing frameworks and integration testing
Nice to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
- Experience with Next.js, Hasura, GraphQL, Vercel
- Experience with API design and versioning
Technologies taught and used at MotoRefi
- Next.js, Node.js, Rails, Hasura, Ruby
- Postgresql, Redis, Graphql
- Vercel, Google Cloud Platform
- Rollbar, Segment, CodeFresh, LogDNA
Commitment: This is a remote, full-time (40 hours per week), 1-year W-2 contract position through HireArt and is open to U.S.-based candidates.
HireArt values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas or employ corp-to-corp.
MotoRefi is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, marital status, military or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law. This position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above, and the scope and responsibilities are subject to change. A pre-employment background check is required as a condition of employment.
At MotoRefi, we’re on a mission to save car owners $100/month or more with our seamless marketplace and technology platform. Our customers love us (our NPS is 81!), we grew revenue over 5x last year, and team members tell us MotoRefi is a great place to work (read our Glassdoor reviews!). MotoRefi is proud to be backed by a great team of venture and angel investors, including Goldman Sachs, IA Capital Group, Motley Fool Ventures, Moderne Ventures, Gaingels, QED Investors, Accomplice, Link Ventures, the former COO of Venmo, and others.